Girls Trip!
I had been looking forward to this trip since last fall! Mostly because we have been planing it and pushing it farther and farther back since last fall.
It was my mom, Aftyn and myself. We left early, early, Monday morning the day after fathers day. We drove all the way to Utah where my aunt and uncle live. Its amazing how fast we can get there when we leave on time and don't have to stop very often. Aftyn was an absolute angel! The drive was about 11-ish hours and she did not cry once! No complaining even! She would sleep, or talk, or stare out the window. I was shocked! I don't know why I was so surprised when she is so great at home too. I figured 12 hour drive would be her limit but she is always so happy! I love her! My mom and I would be talking and we would here a little jabber from the back seat and remember, "Oh yeah! Aftyn came with us!" It was amazing!
So we got to Utah Monday by 6pm.; caught a dinner at Pizza Pie Cafe. I was in heaven because they decided to put a Pizza Pie Cafe (my favorite) right down the street from my aunt and uncle. Oh how I love that oreo pizza. Yummmmm!!!
The next morning we left bright and early again for Idaho. We needed to pick up my sister, Kacie from BYUI in Rexburg. This time it was my mom, Aftyn, myself, and my other sister Katelin. Yet again, another 5 hour drive and Aftyn was amazing! No complaining from her. Just a happy happy little girl. So impressed! The drive was fun! I missed Katelin and when my sisters get together with my mom, there is no telling what conversations we will have or what dorky things we will say or do. I love that! I miss having everyone in AZ. Come home!
We got to Rexburg and helped Kacie pack up, visited the book store, signed some papers, and then we were on our way. On the way back to Utah, we all were going a little stir crazy since this was our second 5 hour trip of the day. We went through Brigham City,Utah. They have a new temple there that is about a year old and we thought that was a good place to take a break.
The main street in Brigham City is lined with these beautiful trees. It was gorgeous! We drove up and down it a few times, just to get a good look at the road. We made Katelin risk her life and go in the middle of the road and take a picture. She did a good job and made it back to the car safely. Thanks Kate!
We stayed in Brigham City long enough to take a walk through the old tabernacle and to take some pictures.
I missed these girls!
The day after we got back from Idaho, we had a girls shopping day and I got brave and chopped my hair off! I have always wanted a hair cut like this and I just decided to be brave and do it! I love it! Bye longer hair! I wont miss you!
It only took about an hour to get my hair cut and I met back up with the rest of the girls and had a fun rest of the day shopping, eating, shopping, and more eating! It was a good time.
Besides shopping and eating, later that week we went to Bridal Veil Falls in Provo Canyon. My aunt, uncle, cousins, and close family all went. Every time I got to Provo Canyon I forget how pretty it is there! The weather was nice and everything is so green. We had a picnic lunch and we took the walk to the falls. It was fun and I liked being able to hang out with all of my family in the same place in the fabulous weather.
I enjoy trips when my mom gets to see her sister. They are funny together and I think they act the same together now as they did when they were younger. Its very entertaining!
This is after we made it to Bridal Veil Falls. It was very pretty!
My cousins family took Aftyn as one of their own while we were at the falls. Tonja carried Aftyn the whole way there and back from the falls. Her daughter Ayla loved playing with Aftyn and Kyle was always trying to make Aftyn laugh or smile or playing with her on the grass. I am sure Aftyn hated all the attention ;)
I am so lucky to have family that is so great to me and my family!
At the very end of my trip I was able to squeeze in an hour or two to meet up with my old, amazing, roommate Bethany! I love this girl to death! We were roommates back when I did my time in Rexburg. She was exactly the kind of person I needed when I showed up to Rexburg not knowing any of my roommates and scared out of my mind. She is so much like me and seeing her again, it was like we didn't skip a beat and picked up right back where we left off. We were roommates 5 years ago and so much has changed. I was able to meet up with her and her family 2 years after I left Idaho, and this year was 2 years since then. We have a plan to meet up in at least 2 more year from now. Its crazy how much life has changed since our good old apartment 404 in Rexburg.
Bethany and I as roommates in 2008
Bethany's family with my Family in 2010
And This year (2013) Bethany's Family with Aftyn and I
We went from roommates in the dating scene, to two married girls each with 2 kids. Time flys when your having fun!
Bethany I have it marked on my calendar for summer of 2015! Its a date!
We made it home the following Monday, and Aftyn was great! We made a few extra stops on the way home like at the Navajo Bridge, but all in all it was just nice to be home in the end. My boys sure missed us!

























No comments:
Post a Comment