Sunday, June 30, 2013

Summer Lovin'

This summer has been a great mix of lazy and family time. We have caught up on our movie watching, splash pad time, and zoo visiting. It has been so fun to have Phil home for the summer. This is the only summer break he gets....basically forever, so family time trumped any other activity. The kids have sure gotten used to having their daddy around. Its going to be a sad day when he goes back to the grind. 
Phil, the kids, and I have visited 4 different splash pads this summer. We just rotate around the different ones. My kids are basically fish, so they love how often we go to the splash pad!







I was even able to squeeze in a few date nights! I love this guy!


I threw in a few Americana crafts.


My mom and I got tickets to the Diamondbacks. I have been dying to go but with Phil in school it just didn't work out, mostly because Phil thinks going to a baseball game is the most boring thing on the planet. So I always need to find someone that I can talk into going with me. This time it was my mom. Thanks mom!


We have spent countless days at the zoo. I was able to get a membership to the Phoenix Zoo and it has been so much fun this summer to go so often. Bennett is learning his animal names and sounds so much faster!


This last time, we spent a whole $4 for Bennett and I to feed the giraffes. Bennett has a special place in his heart for giraffes. Bennett did it one time and then freaked out. After that he would put the food in my hand and then lift my arm for me, so that I could feed them instead. It was actually pretty fun.




Aftyn has made leaps and bounds in the last month. I forget how fast they grown and learn in the first year. Her most recent achievement is crawling! She thinks she is the coolest! I love how confident she is and what she tries to get away with.

This summer so far has been an absolute blast! Full of a lot of craziness but loads of fun! Cant wait for more!

1 comment:

  1. You have such a cute family! BTW I figured out another plus to moving down there...I LOVE baseball games. And Clayton doesn't. So I am so there whenever you want to go :)

    ReplyDelete