Bennett got to have more play dates with grandpa. Grandpa got Bennett all dressed up in his quail hunting gear complete with quail call testing. Bennett definitely didn't hate it and grandpa saw all of the future good times they will have hunting together.
For Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Phil had the day off. Unfortunately he had had the flu the few days before so he mostly recouped but we were able to spend some time at the neighborhood park. It was a great weather day.
My favorite part of January was going to the Pima Air and Space Museum in Tucson. I was able to go with my dad, grandpa (his dad), and Bennett. It was a lot of fun! First of all, I remember my grandpa taking me a few times when I was little. He flew in the B-29 plane in the war and they have one of those on display in this museum and he likes to show it off and I like to hear the stories. Second of all, my son LOVES things that go; cars, planes, boats, trains, etc. This was like heaven to Bennett. Planes EVERYWHERE! He could not have been more excited!
This is the plane that my grandpa flew in. He was the communications guy. He had many cool stories and I enjoyed listening to what it was like to be in the war.
There were a small handful of cockpits that you could climb into and switch switches, and turn knobs, and pull levers to your hearts content. Bennett loved these!
We had a really great time at the museum. Its not very often that I get to spend time with just Bennett and I and it was great to have this memory with him.
The following week we got to go with my sister-in-law and her kids to the Phoenix Zoo. It was fun! Gave the kids a chance to run around, see the animals, and play together.
Before we even got in the zoo, they had this vulture in an open viewing area and the kids just thought that was the best thing ever! Bennett would walk up to this window and the vulture would come up right to it with him and hop around and Bennett would just laugh and laugh. It was contagious. Who needs the zoo anyway?! We just wanted the vulture out front. ;)
These are all the kiddos that went. 5 kids under 3 years old. It had its challenges but it was fun! We tried to get a group picture. Aftyn was able to make it into the first picture. But, not all participants liked that idea, so Bennett tried to help out. Ha ha! Turned out to be a funnier picture than we planned.
All of us had a really great time!
(My cute little niece, Tatum. Don't you just love those pig tails!?)
It was a wonderful month and a great start for the new year! I cant believe how big my kids are getting! Slow down!








No comments:
Post a Comment