Last July....it seems like forever ago....mostly because it was. But if we go back in time, we started our 4th of July with the Bowler side of the family which included my "adopted sister" Andrea. We had lot of fun eating and just hanging out laughing together.
(Jodi, Andrea, Kacie)
(Aftyn)
(Bennett)
Bennett and Aftyn had a lot of fun watching the random fireworks that were going off in the neighborhood and Bennett of course loved the loud booms and cracks every few minutes.
(Some of our cool backyard fireworks.)
(Bennett with his first sparkler.)
(Aftyn with her first sparkler.)
Happy (Late) 4th of July From the Calls!
Some of the other things we did last July...we got to spend a lot of time in the water. Splash pads, pools, sprinklers, you name it!
These pictures are from a friends birthday party that we went to. Tons of fun, and a great way for all of us to beat the heat!
(Aftyn)
(Bennett)
(Aftyn)
(Kelli and I- The Leaders from our ward)
(The Gateway Park Ward YW- Best girls EVER!)
While I was gone at girls camp, I got this picture from Phil, who was taking care of the kids while I was gone. Oh the craziness!
It was hard to be away from my kids for a few days. I missed them like crazy! I think they missed me too. They were glued to my side for weeks afterwards. I think they thought that I was going to leave them again. These pictures are a small taste of the "Welcome Home" I got when I got back from girls camp.
In other exciting July 2013 news, we found out I was pregnant with baby #3!
I wanted to tell Phil in a fun way, so I made shirts! I made one for everyone. They each had "Call" on the back and their coordinating number of how they fall in line, in age, in our family. I had "Call 01", Phil had "Call 02" Bennett had "Call 03" etc. I also made a onsie with "Call 05" on it. When Phil got home, we were all wearing our shirts and I told him that I made him one too. I had rolled up the onsie in his shirt so that when he opened his shirt, the onsie would fall out and it would be a surprise. Well....Phil opened his shirt and the onsie fell out but he didn't see it and so he just said, "Cool shirt. Why do we need these?" and then walked away. I had to tell him he dropped something and that when he picked it up and it took a second for him to understand but then he was really excited about it! We were going to be a family of 5!
(Bennett and Aftyn wearing their announcement shirts!)
Soon after I went to the doctor for the initial check up and first ultrasound and I got to tell my family. Since Katelin was out of state, I skyped her and showed her the shirts I made in order. She wasn't super excited till I got to the last one (the onsie) and she couldn't believe it! It was basically the same when we told the rest of the family. We get called crazy a lot for having our kids so close but I wouldn't have it any other way.
This last picture pretty much sums up our July 2013. It was jam packed with excitement and we were totally pooped by the time August rolled around.












No comments:
Post a Comment