Thursday, June 9, 2011

Time Goes By Too Fast

In the last two months I have learned so many things and experienced so many special moments and changes. I love being a mom! Bennett is an angel. He is an easy baby, but not too easy. He still does his best to keep me on my toes. :) I want to share some of my favorite moments from the last 2 months. Since I havnt blogged in a long time all these moments might seem a little scatter-brained.

 When Bennett was about a week old, I caught him smiling in his sleep. It was so nice to see some emotion in him other than just crying. I tried and tried to catch these sweet smiles on camera but he must have sensed what I was doing because he would stop just as I pulled out my camera. I finally caught a little smirk. I just love the smiles. It gives me a feeling like nothing else. :) :) :)



Now that he is about 2 months old he basically wears his emotions on his sleeve.



Also, my sister was able to do a little mini photoshoot of my handsome man when he was about 2 weeks old.. These are a couple that I sneaked in while she was taking a break.



On May 2nd, I became an aunt again! Vaughn and Aimee had their 2nd baby girl, Tatum Alma Call.


 Tatum and Bennett are just about a month apart. It will be fun to have cousins so close in age.


Another fact that I love about Bennett is how he sleeps. He has done this since day one in my belly. He likes to stretch out as much as possible. It is so cute! If I bundle him up and he falls asleep with his arms not stretched to his liking, then he will squirm and squirm till he gets it just right and it is always in the same position. Ha ha! It wasnt so cute when he was in my belly when those stretched out legs were in my ribs constantly, but I love it now. Cracks Phil and I up!


Our lease ended in our apartment and we struggled with signing a new one without knowing where Phil will be going to med school. So we decided to move back into the little apartment above my in-laws garage just till we find out where we will be going for medical school.
One night in the new apartment, we had left the windows open all night and it had gotten pretty chilly by that next morning so I asked Phil to grab Bennett and put him in bed with me because Phil was on his way out. He put Bennett in the spot he was just laying in and Bennett just loved it. He snuggled down into Phils warm spot that was still there and just crashed for hours. It was super cute to watch.


One of Bennetts and I's favorite things is the swing. I love it because it gives me a little freedom and Bennett just loves to sit in it and talk away and when he gets all worn out he fall asleep for hours in it. I love it!



I am so glad Bennett took after me in being a snuggler. He loves to snuggle and wants to be held super tight just long enough to fall asleep then he will stretch out, but he loves to snuggle. Lucky Me!


I learned a new skill in the last couple months. While practicing this skill I learned that Phil must have a lot of trust in me. I am hoping that I get better with time.



Phil and Bennett and I were going to be going up north and wanted to do some hiking while we were up there. We thought we would try out the baby carrier and see if Bennett liked it or not. It was only a matter of minutes before we found out that Bennett really was fine with being in the carrier. He aparently wasnt bothered by it in the slightest.



Another fun thing that happened the last couple months was the ground breaking of the Phoenix Temple. Only certain people were able to actually attend the ground breaking in person but my mother and father-in-law were asked to be in the choir that sang there and were able to go. I stole these pictures that Phils aunt took. I am so excited for this temple to be so close!


I love my life, I can hardly remember what it was like without Bennett. He is perfect and every day I can see more and more of his personality and Phil and I just eat it up as much as we can because we can already feel time slipping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment