Then FINALLY it was time to get ready for her arrival.
At 8:44 pm on September 21st my beautiful daughter Aftyn Michelle Call was born. 8 lbs 3 oz. 19 1/4 inches long. The surprise is that she was born with red hair! I never thought I would have a red headed child but its a fun surprise. (It must come from the Call side of the family.) Right now her hair is a strawberry blonde-ish red. Its very pretty.
We had a lot of family support and help throughout my stay in the hospital. It was such a blessing and we really appreciate all of the love and extra help.
(Grandma Patti Bowler)
(Aunt Katelin, Bennett, Adopted in Aunt Andrea)
(Grandma Patti Bowler)
(Grandma Patti Bowler, Aunt Katelin)
(Grandpa Curt Bowler)
(Bennett, Aunt Andrea)
(Aunt Andrea)
My sister (Aunt Kacie), is up at BYU-Idaho right now and unfortunately wasn't able to be here for all of this fun and excitement but we did our best to make her feel and to make us feel like she was there. She actually was great for me even though she was far away because most days I was by myself with Aftyn in the hospital because Phil had school and Kacie would keep me company texting and calling and such. I love my sisters!
My mom and Katelin with Kacie on Skype, showing off Aftyn and everybody the day after she was born. Its fun when we Skype Kacie because Bennett loves it and blows her kisses and kisses the screen and just thinks its the best thing ever....which it is. :)
Bennett has been great with Aftyn! I worried about if he would be the jealous child and just be mad/sad/mean to her, but it turned out to be the exact opposite! I cannot get him to leave her alone! He constantly wants to hold her, kiss her, and tickle her toes. He can sometimes maul her but it is the cutest thing ever. I love it!
(Bennett giving her kisses)
I stayed in the hospital from the Friday to the Monday. Phil was really good about coming by as much as he could (medical school doesn't really stop so that people can have babies.) And Bennett came to visit as often as people could bring him by which was great because I missed him! It was hard for me not to share the whole day long with him.
(Aftyn all set for the ride home from the hospital)
Sleeping is a thing of the past but when we do sleep its downstairs so that daddy can get as much as he needs to keep up with studying. Most nights (and some days) look something like this.
But sleepless nights are totally worth it when you have a beautiful and adorable daughter like this, that's keeping you up.
Aftyn is adorable, and we love her to death!
Thank you to all of you that helped along the way while I was on bedrest, bringing me dinners and watching Bennett. Thank you to everyone that thought of our family and helped us out. We really appreciate it! I have to thank my mom for everything she did for me. I wasnt supposed to drive after I was put on bedrest and she took me to my appointments, she watched Bennett all day, she made me dinners, and cleaned my house. She was basically a super mom! Not to mention everything that she did after I had Aftyn. Having a C-seciton with a 1 year old is hard because I couldnt pick him up, but my mom was there, at my house, every day. THANK YOU MOM!!! I love you more than you know, and you are more than I deserve.
Life is great!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment