Since being on bed rest and having surgery, Bennett spent a lot of time playing in the backyard. One day he realized that he could squish his face against the window. It was so funny! He would stop playing all together and go to the window and just smoosh his face against it and then laugh, and then smoosh again and then laugh at himself. It was hilarious! He is in his own little world most of the time, but he is dang cute while he is in it. He also loves our "sandbox", if you can even call it that. We have an area that eventually is going to be a sandbox, but we have not put the sand in yet. There is some sand in there, and that is what Bennett likes to play with. He LOVES sand. This day I caught him laying in it and basically swimming in the sand. He never ceases to surprise me with what he comes up with to play.
Bennett has had a rough go at taking naps lately. He will either just sit in his bed and scream or he will be in his bed for hours just playing and talking to himself. One day I put Bennett down for a nap and there was silence for a little while, but then I heard the screaming start. I wasn't going to give in to the screaming because I had to get ready for us to get out the door and go to a family dinner, so I let him cry. After maybe 20 minutes he stopped, and then 10 minutes later picked back up again with the crying. Finally I decided to go in there and get him out because we needed to leave. That is when I decided I am a horrible mother. The picture below shows what I found when I went in there. He had been kicking the railings with his legs and missed once and got his leg stuck between the bars. All of that screaming and crying was because his leg was stuck. So yes...his leg was stuck for about 40 minutes while I just let him cry. Bring on the guilt! I tried to twist, tug, pull, etc to get his leg out but it just made for more crying and I couldn't get it out. I took this picture to send to Phil while he was in class so he could tell me how to get his leg out. (Bennett is laughing in the picture because he thought it was funny that the phone was flashing at him.) Finally, after Phil texting me some directions and my grand idea to spray some PAM on his leg, we got it out. Phew! He had a good bruise on his leg, but literally 30 seconds after I got him un-stuck, he was running around laughing at his stuffed animals on the floor. Tough kid!
My sister Kacie is up at BYU-Idaho. We get together for Sunday dinners at my parents house, and that when we get to skype her. It is fun to catch up with her at least once a week and Bennett just loves to see her on the computer. Blowing kisses, kissing the screen and talking to her in jibberish is just a little bit of what happens when we get to Skype Aunt Kacie. It is a good time. Love you Aunt Kacie! :)
(From our end of Skype)
(From Kacie's end of Skype)
After my c-section, my dad decided to take Bennett to the Wildlife World Zoo in order to give me some much needed rest, and to give Bennett a chance to get out and have some fun. Bennett loves fish and at the Wildlife Zoo, there is a big aquarium and my dad video taped Bennett's reaction to one of the tanks. He said people would just stare at him like he was possibly "special". That's my boy! Just super excited about fish!
Now that I get to stay home with my kiddos, I have been able to start up on the piles of crafts that I have been storing. It has been nice to finally finish crafts that I have started a year ago. I thought I would share in my accomplishments. :)
I made burp clothes for Aftyn. I wanted to do this back when I had Bennett, but I didn't have the time. I am not a pro sewer at all, but I can sew in a straight line. I think they turned out pretty good!
I also decided to make a magnet, menu board. I still need to make the little tabs with dinner items on them, but the magnet board is done!
Before my sister left for BYU-Idaho, I put my sewing abilities to the test. I wanted to make her a warm, super soft blanket to take with her. I decided to make both sides of the blanket out of minky. That was probably the hardest way I could have chosen to make her a blanket out of. Minky stretches really easy and it was just hard to keep it held in the same spot. But, eventually after a couple of unstitching sessions, I think it turned out pretty good. And Kacie loves it on cold Rexburg nights....or at least that's what she tells me to make me feel good about my creation.
During General Conference I was able to do a few Halloween crafts. I made some giant candy corn.
My version is on the left, Pinterest version is on the right. Not too shabby. :)
The last craft I have made is a Halloween subway art sign. I am very pleased with how it turned out.
I still have loads more crafts that I need to do in order to catch up with my piles of supplies already bought, but I am excited to do them.










No comments:
Post a Comment