This year I made a big deal about his birthday. I know, I know...you probably think that he is only 2 and he wont remember it. But if I could rebuttal with this, the decorating was more for me and my need to plan and go crazy. Also, once you see the look on Bennett's face in some of these pictures you will know exactly why I did it. :)
I did a Cars theme from the pixar movie. Bennett is crazy about "Light-ling". I started gathering the supplies months ahead of time.
Food Table:
Mix nuts and Peanut Butter M&Ms
Mater, Hudson Hornet, Lightning McQueen of course!
Luigi's Casa De La Tires
I also made a "Car Wash" out of streamers and balloons. I had no idea how much the kids would love the car wash. I would have put more effort into it if I had known. (Kid Fun Pictures Later).
As you can see in the picture above, I also made a "road" from the front door through the car wash. Hazard cones and all. :)
The Happy Birthday banner.
I also made a picture timeline of the first 2 years of Bennett's life. It was very hard to pick the pictures to use, but it sure brought back a lot of memories of the last 2 years!
I am So So So grateful for the help that I got from my sister-in-law Aimee and from my momma. They helped me out a ton. I didn't know at the time, but my kiddos were about to get super sick for at least a month and it was super to have them to help me out so much. I think it turned out great!
Bennett had a few birthday parties in order to incorporate all of our family. First one was with the Call clan.
Bennett was very excited to have a party with all of his cousins and Call family there. The kids had a blast in the "Car Wash". I think they did this almost the whole time. Just run back and forth through the car wash.
I am really glad that every one could come and party with us.
Last year we tried to teach Bennett how to blow out a candle. It didn't end up working out, so before his birthday I taught him out it works and actually blew out his candle this year! Yay Benny!
(Proof)
Thank you, Call Family, for the awesome birthday!
A few days later we had the Bowler shin dig for Bennett's birthday. This was the day that Bennett decided to start his month of sicknesses. He got the flu literally an hour before everyone was supposed to show up. Everyone loves Bennett to death and decided to chance it and come anyway. You could tell that Bennett was definitely not himself that day but he still managed to have a good time. Of course you have to start out the terrible 2's with the flu. It only seems right.
Grandma and Grandpa Bowler got Bennett a bike for his birthday! He loves it and thinks he is already all grown up when he rides it. He either thinks he needs no help what so ever and doesn't want us to touch it, or he thinks he is so grown up that it only makes sense for him to lift his feet and have us push him all over the place. I am sure it makes perfect sense to my little 2 year old but I am not thinking that that is 100% fair. ha ha!
Thank you everyone for coming to celebrate Bennett's birthday. I still just cant believe how fast the time has flown by.
Happy 2nd Birthday, my handsome boy! Stay little longer!
I love you bubba!
Oh my gosh, that party was AWESOME! You did such a great job! All of the details were so cute. Love it.
ReplyDelete