Aftyn after 2 longs weeks of not seeing Grandma Bowler.
Bennett loves to spend hours saying "wuz zat" (what's that?) and have people just tell him everything he points at. I honestly think he has learned all kinds of things this way. Just a curious boy. Pappi was the lucky one this day.
Aunt Katelin got to come down from Utah during her spring break and Bennett was so so happy to see her. The first night she was here Bennett sat her down and had her play with him with her ipad. He would point to the screen and Katelin would make a random noise and Bennett would crack up like crazy. It was so funny to watch. He missed his Auntie Kate....We all do!!
This spring we said goodbye to this little beauty. It was a great car and we bought it right before Phil and I got married and it has loads of memories in it. But now that we are a 4 person family and we take too much stuff with us everywhere we go, we had to upgrade. Goodbye red, small, first car while married car....
...and hello big, spacious, cooler than me car. We love it! After we got the car Phil said, "I feel cool when I drive this car." It has so much room in it and is perfect for a growing family. (No...that doesn't mean I am pregnant. I know that you all went to that place.)
In April, Aunt Kacie surprised us all and came to visit! One day I woke up from a nap to a knock at my door and there she was! It was so fun to have her come and visit and I cant wait for her next visit. While she was here we got to go shopping and go to the zoo. My kids had a blast to have their Aunt Kacie to play with.
Phil was about to start his finals for the last quarter of his 1st year of medical school at midwestern, and therefore decided to ditch a class and go to the zoo with us instead. It makes logical sense....well...not really, but the kids and I were not going to argue with a chance to spend the day with Daddy! It was the last time we got to really play all together till after finals. It was a fun day!
The last time we tried to get Bennett to pet a goat in the petting zoo it turned out like this...
Now that the Phoenix sun has come in full force we spend lots of time outside blowing bubbles and playing in the kiddie pool. Bennett giggles every time I offer the option for him to play outside. Its a good time, all the way around. It helps mommy not look so pale/albino and maybe but some color to her skin and Bennett gets to play outside. Win, win!
Bennett giving blowing his own bubbles a try.
Maybe with a little more practice.
Aftyn loved the bubbles. She would follow them with her eyes till they flew over the fence.
Buying the kiddie pool was the best summer investment I have ever made!We just cant spend enough time out in the pool in the warm sun. It feels so good to be outside. It is a little tricky to teach Bennett that the pavers and the rocks can be really hot in the afternoon. I am sure like every other Arizona kid, you will learn eventually.
I am probably the last mom to figure this out, but there are these Popsicles that are small and take longer to melt and they are perfect for my little guy. Who ever came up with that...you get a gold star!
Give Bennett 60 seconds and he will find any mud puddle that is within his 50 ft. I am convinced that its a gift.
No summer day is complete without our aviator sun glasses, the sun, and chillin' in the pool.
Aftyn loves the water! Bennett has always been my little fish and Aftyn is following close in his foot steps.
Look out girls! In 14 years this guy will be a heart breaker!
I love how much they bond and how well they get along. It just makes me so excited for when they are just a tad older and can talk to each other and play pretend and swap ways to make mom crazy.
Its only May and my family and I have already had a blast this summer! Bennett and I are still concocting more ways to live up this summer to the fullest! Look out summer! Here we come!












No comments:
Post a Comment